Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moving on up...

I haven’t been updating much lately. I have had some problems at my site which made me quite unhappy. But now, my big problem has been solved………..I am moving!! I am remaining in Mtubatuba at Mpilonhle, but I am moving out of the village and into the township. I encountered many many many challenges living in the village, the least of which were living without the comforts of the first world and revolved mainly around psychological factors, issues of safety, and distance from the office. My commute to the Mpilonhle office took more time and cost more money than my average commute in Washington, DC.

I am living in a little house, by myself, in the backyard of another, larger house. I am now without a host family and I am simply renting the room from a landlord. The house has four rooms; a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom with a shower and running hot water. I have some work to do on the place, but I have nothing if not a lot of time on my hands. I still consider my village hosts as my family here in Africa, but now I will only visit them on the occasional weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HOORAY!!!!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

New address, QUICK!

Unknown said...

Lorin: she told me the other day that her address will remain the same.

Yay house!