Thursday, January 24, 2008

all my bags are packed....

I am getting ready to leave for South Africa. Only a few days left in what seemed like an enternity of waiting. Sunday I am going to Philadelphia for staging. Tuesday night the group flies to Germany where we have a 12 hour layover. This would be the same Germany in which my dear friend Claire lives. If all goes right, we will see each other for my very first trip to Europe. Thursday will be the first day in Africa. Training lasts until April 3rd.
I left my job at the hospital at before Christmas and have been in Louisville for about five weeks. I was going a little stir-crazy at first but now I wonder where the time went.





















Packing has been a little crazy. Two bags and eighty pounds. I have stuffed the bags to overflowing and I am at 60 pounds.




I have packed everything so perfectly that I can never unpack. This is very unfortunate for it appears I will be living in many temporary places until I officially become a volunteer in April.

I won’t have much access to a computer while in training. However, I can write and receive mail. My address is:
Peace Corps
P.O. Box 9536
Pretoria 0001
South Africa


I have been visiting everyone I know in the area for the last couple of weeks. Last weekend I went to see Amy and Andy and we went to the Aquarium. This is the octopus we saw.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive that you packed all that stuff in two bags! Safe journeys and have a blast on your new adventure.

Emily Pohler said...

Wow! I keep thinking that I take two bags that weigh 75 pounds each to my conference each year and I'm only gone for ten days!

devon query said...

you are leaving today!!have a magnificent time!! and great job with those bags!! Devon

devon query said...

this is departure day. have a magnificent time!!! and great job on packing those bags!! Devon