Monday, January 28, 2008

Staging

Final day of staging, leaving tomorrow.

I arrived Sunday morning and luckily caught a shuttle with another volunteer. We went to the liberty bell.
Staging began; we learned about safety, security and adjusting.


The other trainees seem great so far. It seems like everyone has an intersting story. Although we seem to have a variety of backgrounds I think the group works well together. The real test is to see if we still like each other three months from now.


Today was more staging info and tomorrow we take off.


My roommate and I had great "last meal" at an Indian reasuarant. It is Restuarnt Week in Philadelphia I got a huge meal so I can long cherish the great food.


Unfortunately I have come down with a cold (didn't I have a cold five weeks ago?) and I am dreading traveling so many hours. This either means I have gotten my sickness and won't get sick for awhile or it means I will be sick every other week until 2010. I really hope it doesn't mean the 29 other volunteers have a cold in three days.
Finally going to Africa!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The liberty bell! Was it as great in person as we'd dreamed?

Anonymous said...

So sorry you got a cold :-( Were there any hot granola guys at staging?
:-)

Unknown said...

Andy and I are both sick and home from work today.

Liberty and sickness for all!

Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you went to see the liberty bell! I would love that. Do you have an address yet? Are you going to Greek? Will you send me a card from there?

I hope you get better!

devon query said...

By now you are flying further away and I know you are having a great time in spite of that cold. It will pass! good to see the liberty bell. and even the best to have a wonderful Indian meal. makes me hungry!

devon query said...

By now you are flying further away and I know you are having a great time in spite of that cold. It will pass! good to see the liberty bell. and even the best to have a wonderful Indian meal. makes me hungry! Devon