Monday, May 26, 2008

Community Outreach

This past weekend, my NGO held a community outreach event at a local farm to counsel and teset people for HIV. We also brought computer units to introduce the people to the technology.


This was the first event that I organized for Mpilonhle and I am happy it went well. I was concerned that no one would show up, that the counselors would not want to work on a Saturday, that we would be late, and so on. My fears were relieved though when almost all the farm's employees came to the units, took part in the counseling and about half participated in the computer training. We had five counselors, an IT trainer, health educator and a nurse all working with the community.


Health education class for employees on the farm





Mobile health unit

Computer training

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, you're awesome. Glad the event worked out for you!

devon query said...

I meant to tell you that the community out reach that you organized was awesome. I am sure there is much to do and every bit helps! Best, Devon

Peddie said...

Yeah... totally awesome. Woohoo!